Saturday, February 16, 2008

Slice of Life

Slice of Life, written by Russell Baker, is an essay about how to carve a turkey. The catch to this story is that it's really not about the correct way of carving a turkey. As I began to read it, I was not aware of the fact that it was a joke, considering I really don't know how people carve turkeys. But Baker writes this essay to remind people of the way Thanksgiving really is sometimes. Most people just enjoy the food on this holiday. Some don't even like this holiday because of obnoxious family members or incidents that may have happened in the past on this day. Overall, I chose to write about this story because I found it to be awfully funny. Personally, I have no problem with the holiday, I enjoy it and it's a good excuse for no school and work.

No comments: