Thursday, April 17, 2008

Television Addiction

This story was one of the most interesting. Like the essay ‘Territorial Behavior’, this essay is one that we can definitely relate to. Personally, I wouldn’t say that I am a television addict but I’ve most likely gone through a phase in which I was. Television, though, is just truly addicting. Once you watch one series, you just can’t seem to turn off the TV set. For example, at times which I’ve sat down to watch a show, I end up sitting on the couch for at least two or three more shows. In the essay, the author compares the television addiction to drug and alcohol addiction. The way in which the types of habits are similar is because when trying to quit the addiction, people think they can stop it but in reality it’s uncontrollable.

No comments: